URC provides logistics freight solutions for exports, imports and local haulage within the region. Cargo is mainly categorised as containerised, bulk, heavy and out of gauge cargo.
- Mombasa to Kampala via Malaba (Norther Corridor)
- Kisumu to Kampala and Jinja Pier through Lake Victoria
- Dar es Salaam to Kampala via Port Bell over Lake Victoria through MV Kaawa (Central Corridor).
- Bulk Cargo including; Wheat, Grain, Vegetable Oil, Steel
- Containerized Cargo; 20ft & 40ft
- Petroleum Cargo in Tanktainers
Our Commitment to;
(1) Government of Uganda
- Reduce the cost of doing business
- Ease congestion burden of cargo on road
- To provide proficient customer experience through efficient, reliable, and innovative logistical solutions.
Located on Kampala – Masaka road in Nalukolongo, URC Railway Workshop is equipped with machines to handle specialized repairs, welding, machining and maintenance of electrical machines. The workshop also has enhanced machinery that is critical for tanning, milling and boring of metals for the manufacture of flanges, gears, casings, aluminum housing and casting.
- Maintenance and repair of Locomotives, wagons and coaches.
- Maintenance and repair of Marine Vessels
- Fabrication of specialized wagons
Before the closure of the service in April 2023, URC was offering a seamless, affordable and reliable passenger service between Kampala and Namanve in the morning and evening. Works on this section are underway with the placing of concrete sleepers. The line will be extended to Mukono to serve more clients. Services will resume after the first phase of works has been completed between Kampala and Namanve.